Monday, December 22, 2008

Questioning the System....

I'm being brave and just asking some really tough questions in my mind. I'm sorry if I offend anyone. I've been listening to too many books & podcasts lately!

Are we teaching pre-service teachers about leadership?

How do we continue to move teacher leadership forward, where they're continuously teaching themselves leadership skills by the books they read, by the dialog they have, and apply it to their roles as teacher leaders at the building level?

How do we build the bench for teacher leaders that will eventually crush/overcome the current narrow-minded thinking of the role of teacher vs. learner in a culture others accuse has stagnated?

How do we find the money in a failing rural economy, to reward the top 5% of teacher leaders we have now with monthly time and pay during their normal work day?

How do we build school calendars that will help us prosper in a new thinking economy?

In my opinion, the keys to unlock the possibilities are held captive by the system.

No comments: